A typical case of negative side waterproofing is when water comes through the walls of a basement and the waterproofing is carried out from the inside. In general, negative side waterproofing means that the waterproofing layer is applied to the side of the construction member which is opposite to the side with direct contact to the water. Negative side waterproofing is more difficult than positive side waterproofing because the water penetrates through the construction member behind the waterproofing material and tries “to push it off” the substrate.
Negative Side Waterproofing - Koster NB1 Grey
Filled water tanks cannot be accessed from the inside to apply a waterproofing layer. For an uninterrupted usage, waterproofing from the outside (negative side) is necessary.
KÖSTER NB 1 Grey
Watertight (> 130 m water head) mineral waterproofing with subsequently crystallizing agents. Suitable for positive side and negative side waterproofing. A waterproofing made of KÖSTER NB 1 Grey possesses excellent pressure and abrasion resistance.
Approved by the building authorities and tested in accordance with the potable water guidelines. For area waterproofing in new construction and restoration, e.g. waterproofing of basements and tanks.
- KÖSTER NB 1 is tested to resist a water pressur of 13 bar (130 meters water head) on the negative side.
- KÖSTER NB 1 does not contain corrosion promoting ingredients.
- KÖSTER NB 1 does not require moisture curing.
- KÖSTER NB 1 is tested also on porous substrate.
- KÖSTER NB 1 creates a visible and measurable waterproofing layer.
- KÖSTER NB 1 is also certified for drinking water purpose.